Sri Lanka Travel
Why Visit Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka a country of 4000 years civilization
- Amazing landscape with many choices for pre and post Tours
- Remarkable diversity of cultures, customs and languages
- Year-round Tropical climatic conditions
- Diverse experiences combined in one destination
- Wide variety of Western, Eastern & Scrumptious
- Friendly people
- Cost effective destination
- In the emerald-green waters of the Indian Ocean, the island country of Sri Lanka was first populated by the Sinhalese peoples from northern India.
- As the European influences spread throughout southern Asia in the 16th century, it was eventually occupied by the Portuguese, and later, the Dutch in the 17th century.
- Then, in 1796, it was ceded to Britain by the Netherlands, becoming a crown colony in 1802.
- Long known as Ceylon, and as a popular port-of-call, it declared independence in 1948, subsequently changing its name to Sri Lanka in 1972.
The island of Sri Lanka covers a total area of 65,610 square kilometers (25,332 sq. miles). From north to south it is 430 kilometers (267 miles) and at its widest is 225 kilometers (140 miles). The central and south- central regions are hilly and mountainous, while the rest of the island is mainly flat.
19.5 million (Sinhalese – 74 percent Tamil-18 percent Moor-7 percent, Malay, Burgher and other- 1 percent)
Buddhist – 69.3 percent
Muslim – 7.6 percent
Roman Catholic – 6.8 percent
Rupees (LKR) and Cents
32 degrees Celsius (Mean Maximum) 10 degrees Celsius (Mean Minimum)
Average Annual Rainfall:
1,948.2 millimeters (76 in)
South – West (May to October) North – East (November to April)
230 – 240 Volts
All major credit cards are accepted
Sri Lanka is five hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time
Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 3.00pm
Discover, the bustling city of Colombo, where rich culture, an illustrious heritage and a modern lifestyle blends seamlessly together! Find Out More
Explore world heritage sites, once grand kingdoms scattered with ruins of majestic palaces and sacred temples, a legacy of ancient kings and much more with our Cultural Triangle Tour. Find Out More
Discover Sri Lanka’s cool climes, winding hills lush with tea bushes which produce the world ‘s finest tea and much more with our exciting Hill Country Tour! Find Out More
Enjoy endless amounts of sun, sand and surf, as we take you to some of the most beautiful beaches, which this paradise isle has long since been famed for! Find Out More
Discover the arid beauty of the island’s northern province whilst treating your taste buds to true culinary delights, history and fascinating places to explore! Find Out More